Monday, June 15, 2020

Reset


My little sidekick.


Strapped in and ready to go. And wherever Bella goes her little leopard "Cub" comes along too.

So virus or no virus, we're still out here doing what we always do in the summer. And it's more important now than ever.


We're getting out and moving around.


Take me here. Take me there. Take me anywhere, as long as we're together, right?


We're very fortunate to live next to so many trails and conservation areas. There's plenty to see and do around these parts.


You still need to grow into that bike, Bella. But you'll get there eventually.

Right now we're all trying to stay active as much as possible. Breathe in some fresh air and clear your head. Getting outside and moving around is like hitting the 'reset' button on the anxiety and overwhelming thoughts. And I've had to hit that button constantly since the lock-down began.


All of my worries, doubts and frustrations get eliminated here. I pull em out, and push em out, until I'm physically beat-down. Weight training is crucial to my well-being.


What I put into my body is just as important. I want to be quick on my feet, I want to be lean, and I want to feel good. So eating quality food is another thing I make sure not to neglect.


Bella knows that her dad needs his time and space. I need the time to do my job, a space to focus, and a time during the day to exercise on my own. I learned early on (during our NICU days) that parents need to take a step back in order to reset and recharge.

A frustrated parent will never set a good example. A tired or weak parent can't always be the best. So sometimes I need to put myself first, because that's one sure way of giving this girl the best version of her dad.


As soon as this lock-down started I knew that I had to make some major adjustments. And I figured out just what I needed in order to maintain my mental, physical, and emotional health.

Now I can definitely say that I'm mentally stronger and more physically capable than I've ever been in years. And there's no looking back. This changes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment