Monday, April 17, 2017

Happy two months


A letter to my dear daughter:
---

Happy two months, you tiny Tinkerbell. 

You overcame so much to get to this point. We're all amazed at your strength and determination.

You have a greater purpose than you realize, and you will continue to do great things in your life. 

You won't understand until you're older. 

Your mom and I pray for you constantly. People all over the world are praying for you and following your story. There are weekly masses dedicated to you and your well-being, and I've been told that there are two guardian angels watching over you. God must have sent you an extra one just to make sure. 

That's how much He loves you. 

You've brought all kinds of people together, and you've surrounded your mom and I with such love and support. You've done so much good, for someone so tiny.

You're never too small to create a whole lot of kindness in this world. 

The best moment during the last few weeks was when your mom got to hold you in her arms. Our hearts skipped a beat every time you looked in our direction. The image of you and your mom is like a beautiful painting that is forever displayed in my mind.

Seeing you and touching your hand helps me get through even the toughest days. If you can go through all of this being so small, I should be big enough to endure anything.

Your mother is really worried about you. She's scared that you need her. She cries for you nearly everyday because she wants to shield your pain.  

Can you sense us when we're around? I wonder what you're feeling. Your mom and I wish that we could just embrace you, hug you and kiss you. If we're overprotective of you in the future, it's simply because we're scared. 

We love you.

We'll never take you for granted. 

You deserve everything great that this world has to offer, and I hope it's everything you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment