Thursday, February 23, 2017

Allow me to introduce myself: my name is Arabella

This will be the first post of many. 

Since we started fundraising for a downtown rental suite (in order to be closer to Arabella), we've been so moved by the level of support and the entire community of people standing behind us. So many people were willing to help us through this journey. This odyssey, of sorts.  


Our little girl is a warrior - and even before she was born I knew that her strength was great. We've felt her kick since she was around 12 weeks old in Kiera's womb. I didn't even know you could feel a baby's kicks that early. This is our first child, afterall. Everything is new to me. I would put my hand on Kiera's belly and suddenly BOOP, there she was. Then nothing. And then BOOP there she was again. She would make me laugh. It would make us both smile. She brought us together and made us love each other so much more. 




I didn't know parents could bond so much with a baby inside the womb. I didn't know expecting dad's would get so attached to a baby girl that hasn't even come out yet. 


As the weeks continue, I'll tell you more about our journey, the lessons we've learned, and the people that have touched our hearts. 


Here she is today, Thursday February 23rd, merely 6 days old. She's weighing at 530 grams currently. Up 50 from the day she was born at 480 grams. A tiny little thing. A tiny baby Belle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment