Monday, July 24, 2017

Sunday funnies


Bundled after bath time. 

I think the bath is dad's most cherished thing to do with Belle 💜



A quick snapshot of Arabella without her gear 😍. We re-taped her cannula today, and replaced her feeding tube with a slightly thinner one. 



Kiera and I think that the thinner feeding tube might help get her back on track with bottle feeding. Hopefully it will mean less gagging and reflux. 

The most Belle took today was 15mL, but it's much better than the last few days. Mom and dad have to be detectives. We're always on the case. 



Can't forget about the burp!

Anyone that meets her for the first time instantly notices how much eye contact she gives them. 



Before bath time we usually do the typical weight and various measurements. Arabella has a nicely shaped head (so they say), which isn't always the case with some preemies. 

When preemies are born their bones are very pliable, and they obviously end up spending a lot of time on their back and sides (when they should still be in the womb!) Apparently it's called 'preemie head', and in extreme cases a helmet might be needed to help reshape the head. 

There are a million things that Arabella was fortunate enough to have dodged. It's insane to think about sometimes. 



Touch me, hold me, just be with me. 



There's always time for a quick fashion show before bed 😊



And of course, some tummy time to help strengthen all those neck muscles. She's getting so strong lately!

Sometimes mom and dad are all business. We want to help her grow and develop as best as we can, but we never forget to laugh and have fun. 



Mommy got some great Snapchat photos today that made me laugh out loud 😂

Boy, I sure love my girls. I'm so very blessed to have them in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment