Thursday, May 18, 2017

Happy three months


Happy three months baby girl! Mommy and daddy are so incredibly proud of you 💗

Kiera and I were extra excited to go and visit her this morning. She's our 'little big girl' now, in a rather large and wide-open crib. It's like letting a 2 year old sleep on a king size mattress - they've got all the room in the world! 

So many things to celebrate lately.

This month we witnessed Arabella go through PDA surgery and recover exceptionally well. She eventually came off the vent and upgraded to the CPAP mask. She officially surpassed 'full term'. She graduated to a crib. And today she made it into the 'two kilo club', weighing in at 2005 grams (4.4 lbs).

What a month for Arabella.

We celebrate each of these milestones because, well, we need to. Every single celebratory moment is another step closer to the end goal - bringing Arabella home. 

It gives us hope and lifts our spirits. Milestones are something to look forward to, and surpassing each one means we're that much closer to leaving these monitors and wires for good.

Let's see what the next month will bring us.



Pulling me further
Further than I've been before
Making me stronger
Shaking me right to the core
I don't know what's in the stars
Never heard it from above, the world isn't ours
But I know what's in my heart
If you ain't mine I'll be torn apart
I don't know who's gonna kiss you when I'm gone,
So I'm gonna love you now, like it's all I have.


Wise words by John Legend in his song 'Love Me Now'. Listening to it the other day at the hospital gave me the chills. The song has somehow always reminded me of Arabella and this entire growing experience.

Funny how songs can mean something different from one person to another, depending on what they're going through at the time. I wonder what it would mean to you right now?




John Legend spoke about the inspiration behind the song, "Just seeing what is happening in the world, you never know what's going to happen, and you never know about tomorrow. We have loved ones around us, and of course I have my own family, and you have to hold them close, and give them all you got right now."

It's a simple yet powerful concept.

Yes, things might seem uncertain in our lives sometimes, but you shouldn't let uncertainty keep you down. Don't worry about tomorrow. 

Sometimes you just need to focus on right now. 

Live for now, love for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment