Sunday, May 21, 2017

Perception is everything


Another wonderful day with Arabella. She's been using the "big girl" soother for the last few days, but it's basically a standard newborn size 😄 

To us, regular is big! 

Perception is everything, isn't it? 

Every so often I remind myself where we came from, and pictures like this serve as those reminders. 

Arabella's first cuddle with mom (8 days old)

This is why we feel so blessed. 

Arabella was so small and fragile that she looked more like a newly hatched baby bird. Among the various stages of preemies, she was on the micro side of micro-preemie. A preemie to the extreme. 

Kiera and I would notice 5 and 6 pound babies in the NICU and we'd stare at them wide-eyed. They looked absolutely gigantic to us, as if they were some mammoth babies on growth steroids. 


There's a 500 gram baby girl in our room currently. She came three months early as well, and she looks just like Arabella did.

Somehow all three of us have found ourselves on the other side of the equation, but I feel for that baby girl, and I feel for her parents. 

I honestly don't know how we managed to cope during that time. God must have carried us everyday to the hospital and back, because it was a whirlwind of emotions.

Some days you just need a reminder I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment