Monday, May 22, 2017

Sunday kind of love


Sleeping beauty 💗

It was a sweet Sunday spent with Belle. Weekends are the best days to be here since it's practically empty at the hospital. Everything slows down. It doesn't feel so chaotic. 



I swear, I'm not sleeping on the job. Kiera happened to catch me stretching my neck. It hurts from constantly looking down at Belle while she's in my arms. I know, poor me, right? 

Can't. Stop. Admiring. Baby. 😀

Dad's been doing cuddles everyday, sometimes twice a day, and I'm really starting to feel it in my neck because I just can't keep my eyes off of her. Yes, she's precious, but also due to the fact that I'm watching her visual cues all the time. Maybe a little too much. Dad needs to chill and relax more. Belle is a strong and independent woman, after all. 

Many diaper changes were made today, and I mean a lot. Belle's a poopin' machine lately, and we go through diapers pretty quickly. Good thing the hospital doesn't charge us by the pamper!

Overall, Belle's such a good girl. She doesn't give us any problems, although she might get a little fussy from time to time. It's very typical stuff. Usually she wants her soother, and that's why 'soos patrol' must always be on duty. 

On the double!


It's all hands on deck for Arabella. Constant love and comfort.

It's been so enjoyable having Belle in the crib. I never thought it would be this good. We're interacting with her on a new level now, without borders or barriers between us. I can lean in anytime to kiss her cheek, or whisper something in her ear. It's empowering, and it makes us feel more like normal parents. 

We gave Arabella a bath this evening by lifting her over a bassinet and pouring water over her gradually. We even shampooed her tiny little hairs. 

Prior to the bath, a respiratory therapist helped take off her mask and attach this 'nasal cannula' so that Bella could finally get a break from the constant pressure of the mask and its attachments. 


This cannula is much easier on her. It doesn't press into her face like the mask does. Comfort aside, we'll see if Belle can maintain her breathing rate on this new apparatus. It doesn't have the same pressure as the mask, but who knows, maybe she'll do really well and surprise us?

Admittedly, mom was a little freaked out at first. She's wasn't sure if Arabella's ready for such a leap ahead. 


Mom needs to relax too. Arabella has surprised us before, so we need to let go and see what she can do on her own. 

She's progressing, and therefore we should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment